Two Coyotes Howling at the Moon

Sunday, August 13, 2006

But it's a dry heat..

I received a request for some pix of my apt. I took some outside and hallway shots and some pix of my unit (a mess because I'm still unpacking).








And some shots of my unit (a bit dark because you keep the blinds closed while the sun's out...I learned that really quickly):



And the haunted house next door (note the pentagram graffiti):



I went for a run last evening while the sun was setting--a pastel blaze in the cloudy sky. Really beautiful. I found a park near my place and ran through it…of course, there was no grass in this park. Instead, it was rock and cactus. For the most part, people in Tucson seem to recognize that it’s best to go with what will grow in the climate, rather than fighting against it and wasting precious water all the while. Very cool.

Anyway, I realized that running in Tucson is wonderful…no pain in the ears from cold Pacific winds blowing…no hills…muscles and lungs warm from the heat! I felt like I could run all night.

7 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice place, Julie! I'm jealous of the warm nights - sounds great. Good luck with the unpacking!

Patricia

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Nance said...

Love the digs Julie! You scored a beautiful apartment.

I think you coined it best when you said "David Lynch meets Om Shanti." There's something very "Lost Highway" looking about Tucson.

Can't wait to see you in November -- we miss you already (sniff..:)

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie! I totally empathize with you! Your place looks great though and what a new and interesting adventure. After a month of vacation, we find ourselves back in our hometown with no jobs and a little 400 sq. ft. abode we like to call the "snack shack". Good luck with school ;-)

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie>!!

Nice shots! Your neighborhood looks really unique and your place looks phenomenal. Empire foods...& laundry...ha! Would love to hear how things have been!

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks cool. Just out of curiosity, how many square feet is your pad? Have ye a pool? Speaking of coyotes, I saw a healthy-looking one this morning crossing the road in the Lincoln Park golf course at Land's End. There were walkers and gods in the immediate vicinity and the coyote seemed entirely nonplussed. Strange...?

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: I meant to say "...DOGS in the immediate vicinity" above. Gods may have been present too but I didn't actually see any.

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny. I have an entire set of pics just like this of my place on my Flickr account. Brilliant anthropological minds think alike, dear girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home